Friday, April 20, 2007

Gotta Get Goals

Over at Babylune, Kate was tagged to set her goals according to Alex Shalman's meme. She did not tag anyone, and I won't either, but she did get me thinking. I have goals floating in my mind, but I (almost) never write them down anymore. When I do, it is more of a "to do" list. As I think about it, I find it strange that I do not write them down, because I am a list type person. I write lists for just about everything! I used to write down my goals, but I do not think I have done so since I have been married! Certainly not since we had The Boy! So here they are... maybe not the wildest goals, but certainly attainable.

Delegation. I will improve my delegation skills. There is no reason for me to do everything and/or to be everything to everyone. When Kevin or someone else offers to help, I will take them up on their offer.

Financial. I will make a financial plan for our family and enforce it. The plan will result in a reduction of our debts without sacrificing all of the fun in our lives.

Stop Obsessing. I am a Type A personality...obsessive/compulsive... and I have a hard time letting things go. When I make a mistake, I often times obsess for YEARS. I am going to work towards letting things go. I can not change them, so there is no need to allow things to eat at me for weeks much less years!

Personal Fitness. I have lost almost all of my pregnancy weight, and my goal is to lose it all and return to 115 pounds (52 kg). I think I was a little over that when I became pregnant, but this is my "ideal" weight, and I want it back. Once I am there, if I have a lazy spurt, I will eat less to balance out my needs vs intake.

Family. I will work to keep my family's needs met without sacrificing my personal happiness. I also will not allow others to convince me that we need another child to make our family complete.

Personal Growth. I will continue to challenge my mind through continued learning. I will read intellectual/academic articles and other challenging literature rather than all "fluff." I will become more actively involved in issues that interest me, and use my skills to benefit organizations that I support. I will not be afraid to express my thoughts and opinions on controversial topics simply to appease others.

Personal Time. I will take time for myself-- even if it is simply 15 minutes to read, a short workout, something-- every day!

Review of Goals. I will periodically review, update and revise these goals. Life causes perspective to change, which causes goals to change. I was once on a fast-track to a high position in a great company. My goals then were a lot different than what they are now.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I think that it's awesome you're writing it all down. I am a list maker too. I have lists...of lists. It's that bad. I have been writing down things i want, even things I want for Jonathan...just hoping that getting it out in real words will someone how make me more active about helping my goals along. I taped up my goals next to my bed, and now i can't help but look at them when I get in and out. it's fantastic. p.s...cool that you are having your own blog now. i look forward to more personal, just you stuff!

Courtney said...

hi!

Peggy W said...

One goal that we had when we were first married was to get away by ourselves once a quarter. When kids came, the plan was lost pretty fast. We're back to it--it keeps the flame alive and keeps us in touch with the person we married. We were married on April 25, 32 years ago!
Keep your eye on your goals...it really works!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : header image by Vlad Studio