Saturday, September 1, 2007

A Marriage Meme

Carol at Northwest Ladybug tagged anyone willing to participate with this meme, so I thought I would go for it!

Where did you meet your husband?
At the University of Tulsa. We were both athletes in college, and I would always say hi to him in the training room. He was (and still is) shy and wouldn't really say anything back, so one day I yelled at him for not talking to me. A few months later, I saw him walking on campus and invited him over to my friend Kara's place to hang out while I waited for her to get off of work. Did I mention it was my birthday? Because it was. The rest is history... LOL!

What was the first thing you said to your husband?
See above.

Where was the first kiss?

At TU.

First date?

First real date? I have no clue. LOL! We went out to eat a lot, and I cooked for him a lot, but we mostly hung out.

Did you have a long or short courtship/engagement?
LONG courtship-- mostly on and a little off over four years-- followed by an extremely short engagement of just eight weeks.

Where did you get engaged?

Half in/half out of the walk-in closet/bedroom of my rinky-dink one bedroom apartment. He had been back in the US for less than 12 hours after his first season in Turkey.

Where did you get married?

In the OLD church near my family's farm in Minnesota.

How did the reception go?
How was the honeymoon?
The reception went well. Several people who missed the wedding due to a nasty accident on I-94 were able to join in at the reception. It was fairly low-key, but I had a blast.

As for the honeymoon. Life is our honeymoon baby. Kevin was getting ready to sign with a new team, and I was trying to pack up everything in Tulsa in preparation to move to France with him. We did go waterskiing the next day though, which was a total blast!

I tag anyone who wants to participate!

2 comments:

Carol said...

You two seem like a great couple!

Carol

KaritaG said...

I'm posting this on my blog too! Thanks! What fun memories, I remember many late-night convos about Kevin back in the day!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : header image by Vlad Studio