Monday, January 14, 2008

Sippy Cup 1 Everything else 0

Here's an update on the ongoing saga with The Boy and his daycare.

I met with the director today armed with information. The discussion was civil, and the result was positive. The Boy is going to be allowed to take his breastmilk from a sippy cup, so I will be able to gradually get him off the bottle as planned! Woo hoo!

All of the issues with handling breast milk-- resolved. The teachers in his new room have absolutely no problem, and they had no problems with his bottles.

Even better, we discussed some of the issues with the food situation, and we have backup plans for when The Boy is having an "I'm starving and want to eat everything" day.

Overall, I feel good about the outcomes of the meeting, and I think the Director gained some valuable information as well. I am still going to move The Boy out of there when we get the opportunity to go to Riverfield just because Riverfield is my first choice, but I do not feel nearly so bad about having him where he is now either.

Oh yeah-- and when I picked The Boy up today, he was in an "I've had a good day" mood, which is nice, because it has been a while, so hopefully that means he likes his new room!

5 comments:

KaritaG said...

YAY FOR YOU!! You are (one of many) my hero! Way to stick up for yourself and do it in a civil way and maybe educate someone else in the process. That's a win-win situation for everyone involved.

Kate said...

Positive moves after a discussion are signs of a good day care. I am glad to hear that you stuck up for what you think and that the director was receptive to hearing it.

Kate said...

Positive moves after a discussion are signs of a good day care. I am glad to hear that you stuck up for what you think and that the director was receptive to hearing it.

Damselfly said...

Thank goodness the daycare folks have come to their senses about breastmilk!

Claire said...

I was just looking back at some of these posts. I hope to breast feed, but I am not sure for how long. I have to back to work in April when Little Dude will only be two months. It is only in the evenings, but I hope pumping and bottle feeding will help. I would like to breast feed for at least 6 months. I took a nutrition class in college and definitly agree that breast is best. Our professor said that 6 months to a year is good. However, I think the choice to breast feed and how long is a personal one between a mother and her baby.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : header image by Vlad Studio