Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep

I was reading my Dad and Sheri's blog tonight, when my heart broke a little. You see, Sheri is a professional photographer (and a damned good one at that), and she volunteers her time and services for an organization called Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep (NILMDTS). NILMDTS administers a group of volunteer professional photographers who will (when requested) photograph babies and their family. The thing is... these babies... they are extra special packages. Many are about to die. Some have already died. And these photographs, they will never fade.

Anyway, tonight my heart broke a little, because Sheri had a message from someone needing her services. When she called back, they had already found someone, but the thought of someone losing their baby and needing that service is overwhelming! I can't even imagine the pain of the families, and these tiny angels. Wow.

I have blogged about this organization before (Feb 8), but each and every time I visit their site, I find myself sitting, staring and crying. Once again, I urge you, if you need their services, to contact a photographer listed on the site. The organization has photographers around the world.

2 comments:

KaritaG said...

OMG, I made the mistake of clicking that link while I was at work and totally got teary-eyed. What a beautiful service these photographers offer. Kudos to your stepmom.

Shannon said...

My best friend and I are very familiar with this organization, and only wish we had known about them sooner. She lost her baby at birth and the only photos she has are the ones I thought to take in my hazy state of mind. I'm glad we have them, but I wish she had more.

Your stepmom is amazing. If I had better photography skills, I would volunteer as well.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : header image by Vlad Studio