Friday, February 8, 2008

You have to be freakin' kidding me!

You have to be kidding me. J blogged this quote yesterday and I was stunned. From a Yahoo! News:

"If I fight on in my campaign, all the way to the convention, I would forestall the launch of a national campaign and make it more likely that Senator Clinton or Obama would win. And in this time of war, I simply cannot let my campaign be a part of aiding a surrender to terror," Romney told the Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington.

Thank goodness he dropped out. Could you imagine if he had been elected President? YIKES!

I was listening to NPR this morning, and while I used to think that McCain wouldn't be such a bad candidate either, and I thought he offered at this point an additional viable option for election, I no longer believe he can remain independent. He is already pandering to the conservative right, and in doing so, he is alienating his middle ground voters. He fits the stereotype a little too well at a time I think we (as a country) need change. Yes, my morning dose of NPR turned me off to him, and then I went searching this morning, and already, he is taking a hard right. It's too bad.

1 comments:

KaritaG said...

Isn't putting another republican in office after this debacle essentially "succumbing to terror?!" :)

I feel the exact same way about McCain! I used to *gasp* sort of "like" him and now...not so much.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : header image by Vlad Studio