Friday, March 28, 2008

Yo J-Lo

So-- the J-LO and Mark twins' spread in People included an interview with the parents, where J-LO says (courtesy of Celebrity Baby Blog ... I know, stop looking at me like that...):

On her decision not to nurse the twins:

J: My mom didn't breastfeed, and I think that was the thing for me. You read and figure out what's the best thing for them.

As much as I have enjoyed J-LO in the past, my respect for her has dropped to an all-time low. I am disappointed in her answer-- not only that she decided not to nurse, but her statement says that she "read and figure(ed) out what's the best thing for them." What in the heck is she reading that tells her that formula is best for a baby? If she didn't want to breastfeed, she should have just said that and not tried to back up her answer with having done research and then deciding that breast was not best. Hmph. Sorry, J-Lo. You've lost this fan.

7 comments:

Courtney said...

I am not a fan necessarily either way of her, but I know there is not any research out there that says that...even the back of the formula says, "breastfeeding is best for babies"...that is retarded!

KaritaG said...

Hmmm, that's just weird. If she would have said she just didn't want to, or her mom didn't do it so she didn't even think about it, or that she read about it and knows it's best but doesn't have time...anything else but that wouldn't be so strange. I can't tell if she meant "what's best for me" or if she is just an idiot, because there's no way she read something that said breastfeeding is not best for a baby?

Celebrity Baby Blog said...

Heyyyyyy, what's wrong with reading the Celebrity Baby Blog???

Maria said...

CBB-- Nothing if gossip and such is a part of your life, but I always get funny looks when I say I read something on CBB. Apparently, I am supposed to be serious all of the time? LOL!

Celebrity Baby Blog said...

You'd be surprised how many people read the site. Both high and low brow folks. And did you see our blurb in New Beginnings Magazine from La Leche League?

Maria said...

Obviously all types read CBB-- even Melissa Joan Hart!?! :)

I did not see it in New Beginnings myself, but apparently you all have quite the following!

Seriously, I'm addicted. It's on my reader. I admit it. we all have our little addictions. :)

Michele said...

I agree with what courtney said...there may sometimes be bad information about breastfeeding but nothing that says formula is better for babies. It is very ignorant.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : header image by Vlad Studio