Monday, June 30, 2008

Breastfeeding

In light of Kat and Karl's new little one and an interest by someone I'd never have suspected, I thought I would try to pull my breastfeeding posts from my other blogs over on to this one. The problem? I discovered that I did not write much about those early nursing days. I'm actually disappointed in myself! I barely mentioned it in the birth story. I've written barely at all on breastfeeding and pumping...and making it through six weeks, but that's about it. Everything else is lactivism. So here it is-- how I remember early nursing. I'm going to break it down in to different periods of time-- over a few posts, because there is a lot to say, and I felt differently about it at different times-- in the next week or so. In the mean time, here are a few posts on my experiences bf.

Breastfeeding posts on this blog.

Oh What a Night.

Who needs breast augmentation?

Breastfeeding

5 comments:

katandkarl said...

yea yea yea.

KaritaG said...

This is good reading - thanks! I know I can always count on you to be open and honest! And that pain thing? You're not the only person I know that has said that - actually, everyone I know has said it. Why don't they put that in the books, dammit?! :)

Maria said...

@G-- It's not in the books because they don't want to scare women away. Honestly after around 3 weeks, it didn't hurt any more. There have been times when things happen that cause pain, but overall, pain free.

McCool said...

I used to have to count to 5 during the initial latch on - I thought i was the only one that hurt!

McCool said...

I used to have to count to 5 during the inital latch on - serios pain!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : header image by Vlad Studio