Tuesday, June 17, 2008

LLL Toddler Group saved me.

OK. I wasn't about to jump off a cliff or anything, but The Boy is having a terrible time adjusting to Kevin being back and helping out, and unfortunately, it is manifesting in severe attachment to momma (me) and non-stop nursing. Oh, and let's not forget a sudden inability to sleep at night. Needless to say, it was wearing on EVERYONE in the house.

When the La Leche League (LLL) meeting announcement came to my inbox, I was so happy. The reminder almost made me cry honestly. Kevin is home, so I could even attend without having to bring a hyperactive toddler with me!

Really, the ladies in the toddler group are an inspiration-- absolutely amazing women. Several have birthed naturally, at home, with water births and midwives. They nurse toddlers and co-sleep. Some home school. Some don't. It's amazing, and they were just what I needed. Medicine for my soul. They reminded me that others play no part in my parenting decisions.

They also reinforced my thoughts that there has been too much change in The Boy's life, and what he really needs is his mommy's attention. As a result, we will be returning to co-sleeping, and I am going to make a very conscious effort to take back more of the parenting role until he indicates that he is ready for more of Kevin's attention.

Just one night of change has made a big difference, but it was still obvious this morning that he needs even more of my attention and love right now.

This post is a rambling mess, but also an awesome reminder of the support mom's receive through LLL meetings. The women are amazing supporters of one another in a time when mom's are beating each other down. I encourage all women to get to know at least one person in their local group for support. Lord knows we need it!

5 comments:

KaritaG said...

Awwww, I could totally see how that would be hard. Change is change, you know, even if it's positive! I am glad you found a supportive group of women!

Courtney said...

will you ask them how to wean a toddler who isn't ready but the momma is? :)

Maria said...

Of course. Have you had any luck at the library? I'll email you some additional information too.

Autumn said...

Hi again...I stumbled onto another of your blogs :-)

Just had to say that I am a huge fan of LLL, both as a nurse and an individual on Planet Earth! Glad they soothed your soul, right when you needed it.

McCool said...

Gotta love the power of women!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : header image by Vlad Studio