Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The wait is over... and continues... all at the same time!

So... it's been a while since there was a job update... you know... the one I applied for after freaking out? Well, yesterday I got a text from a coworker asking if I could do a mock interview today, so I figured it was all coming to a head. I had heard through the grapevine that I was going to make the short list (interview list), so I didn't think TOO much of it, but it did kind of raise my antennas a bit. Anyway-- I was asked today if I could interview on FRIDAY! Thanks for the notice! YIKES! I am practicing at 1 today with two coworkers, and then I will know what I need to brush up on over the next two days.

Needless to say, I am freaking out again. I want the job, because I think I would enjoy the work, but I also need someone else around to lean on, so if we could get someone more experienced that I can ask questions to AND have someone to share the workload with, that'd be great. If not, well, there's always me, and we'd advertise to fill my position, which takes time, but still. I'd be a RTE (Regional Technical Expert)... amazing!

On the flip, I want to apply to the PA (Planning Associates) program, but with Kevin gone so much, I am not sure I can commit to traveling as much as is required. It'd be a great opportunity for me, and a great chance to network further and get my name out there. Maybe 2010? I hate that I am being held back because of The Boy, but I love The Boy. Nothing like the constant struggles of being a working semi-single mother.

3 comments:

Jax said...

Wow, that's both exciting and stressful! I'm happy for you with the upcoming interview!! Congrats!! Everything will work out the way it's supposed to for sure. :) You do such an amazing job with the Boy. You're a great mom. :)

Anja said...

Maria, that must be hard for you to find yourself in an inner conflict like that. I do understand your ambition jobwise fully. Does your husband have to go to Libanon again?
I understood from another blog of you that he wanted to retire from playing basketball.
I admire you for working full time and being such a good mom to Amari.
Without knowing you guys personally and just looking at your pics Amari seems to be such a happy little man.

Maria said...

Thanks ladies! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : header image by Vlad Studio