Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Bush's "birth control" plan

I don't have much time to write, but people have to read about this! To summarize,

The proposal could potentially redefine birth control as abortion. The proposal classifies abortion as "any of the various procedures -- including the prescription, dispensing and administration of any drug or the performance of any procedure or any other action -- that results in the termination of the life of a human being in utero between conception and natural birth, whether before or after implantation." That last part is critical because some argue that hormonal birth control and emergency contraception can prevent the implantation of a fertilized egg.
 
 My favorite comment--

at this rate

saying "no" to a man's request for sex will = abortion.
I can see the psa's: "Life begins at the twinkle in his eye."

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

Wow. Wow wow wow.

Jax said...

HOLY SHIT. Are you kidding me?! I really wanted one of his daughters to turn out to be (1) a lesbian (2) pregnant or (3) both. *sigh* Let's get his ass out of office before he does more damage. This is ridiculous.

sasspot said...

I'm with jackie.
what the hell?

sasspot said...

I'm with jackie.
what the hell?

Gottlieb said...

Ya know, I've always got something to say but I'm almost speechless.

My 9 year old would call that man a 'tard. She'd be right.

This would all be funny if it wasn't so frightening.

browniegiz said...

Can Bush really be dumb enough to say that or is he torpedoing McCain?

His remarks are incredibly dumb.

Rachel said...

That's laughable until you realize that these people are serious...and scary.

KaritaG said...

That sort of makes me just feel sick...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : header image by Vlad Studio