Monday, August 11, 2008

Diva Cup-- Early Impressions

As I stated yesterday, I have begun my own Diva Cup Experiment. These are my preliminary thoughts. Feel free to email me or post a comment with any questions or specific items you want to know about.

The first insertion, I had a bit of a problem with "the twist" that the directions recommend. It didn't appear to matter. It did not leak one drop. The second time I inserted, I twisted before I had pushed it in as far as I had the first time, and I twisted it about a quarter turn. No leak so far.

Taking it out was a bit strange, but nothing crazy. I actually found that it went in and out easier than a tampon, but it is not for the squeamish, as you have to dump the cup, wipe and reinsert. I wash mine twice a day. The rest of the time, I simply empty, wipe and reinsert. 

For the most part, I do not notice that it is there. I'm still adjusting to not changing/emptying every four to six hours like I would a tampon, and the drawback is definitely the "ick" factor, but I'm slowly getting over that too.

More to come, I'm sure.

3 comments:

care said...

question--so, if you're at work for instance, you just have to wipe it out and reinsert and save actual cleaning for at home? just wanted to make sure.

Maria said...

Yes. I did that yesterday because I wasn't sure how quickly it would fill up, and it worked fine. However, you really can keep this in for 8-12 hours without a problem. I wore it overnight and it wasn't even half full.

Rebecca said...

Agree agree.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : header image by Vlad Studio