Sunday, August 17, 2008

Fuzzi Bunz!

As you may have read, I was having a diapering dilemma. Here's more of the story...

For quite some time, I have felt guilty for the number of diapers I have sent to the landfill. Then we started daycare, and it wasn't going to be possible to cloth diaper there, so I had given up on thinking much about it. I try to use 7th Generation when I can, but financial considerations do sometimes come in to play. 
As I become more and more aware of the impacts and consequences, I have decided that we will try to cloth diaper at home and send disposables to daycare. I searched high and low, spoke to a few people, and have ordered some Fuzzi Bunz for The Boy. I considered pre-folds, fitted and all in one diapers. While the pre-folds are considerably less expensive and probably quite easy to use, I was not sure that I wanted to mess with the logistics. Yes, I am going cloth, but I am going lazy cloth. LOL! I checked out some fitted cloth diapers today at Lundeby's Eco Baby*, but the cost of those was prohibitive. So Fuzzi Bunz it is! Plus, let's face it. Fuzzi Bunz is fun to say! 
I'll let you know how my adventure in to cloth goes.  Oh, and I ordered mine from Baby Naturale with hemp inserts.
*Their website is still being worked on, but the store is amazing. Kleen Kanteen, Haba... all high quality brands, and a lot of USA produced and local items available.  

8 comments:

katandkarl said...

i have some 'bum genius' that i am working my way up to using. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey hey - I caught up on all your posts! You are a busy lady! I will try and remember to bring some of my prefolds & a snappi on Friday for you - they are super easy, I promise!

I am so interested in that DivaCup! Not that I am currently menstruating (and hope not to for many many more months!), but that would be so much better than tampons and pads! I am definitely going to look into it. I love all your eco friendly ideas! You are an inspiration! (-:

I hope things are working out with Kevin's contract - you were back at church, though, so I'm not sure if that means anything, but I WON'T ASK, okay? (-:

Extraordinary Ordinary Life said...

I love Fuzzi Bunz. I also cloth diaper and am a little lazy with it so I invest in the All In Ones. Those are so great. I like Bumkins too because they are so easy.

McCool said...

Kudos to you for going for it! I tried cloth diapers for a few weeks when Brennan was born but got so frustrated with teh prefolds and then could never quite get the darn things clean! I didn't try Fuzzi Bunz (but heard great things about them!) but did have a few other AIO, but they leaked. Not to mention, the hubby was totally NOT on board, making the adventure all that much harder. So with the start of daycare, I gave up. I figure that now, since he comes home from daycare in a clean diaper, that I only change him 2x a day - before bed and in the am - so I have a hard time getting motivated for cloth again - if I stayed home, I would be all over it. Such a issue - I want to to it, but the motivation and money just isn't there! Good for you though!!!!!!

Rebecca said...

"Lazy cloth"? Hilarious.

Maria said...

@rebecca-- glad you got a laugh out of that one. I realize it is not going to be "lazy," but hey. I don't have to fold, so that's some improvement.

Nancy said...

Nothing wrong with useing cloth diapers..You wore cloth diapers an survived an so will Amari...

Nancy said...

Nothing wrong with cloth diapers...I used them with you. Am just glad they got easier to use then they were way back when you were born..

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : header image by Vlad Studio