Saturday, August 16, 2008

I'm a Diva!

No, I am not kidding. I have been using my Diva Cup since Monday, and I am a total convert. Yes, there are times when it is less than... um... well... sometimes it is "icky," but I think that is mostly because I am not used to seeing my "flow" in a cup like a shot of vodka or something.  However, I must say I think I forgot to empty it yesterday, but when I did it this morning, there was still room available in the cup. When using tampons or a pad, it seemed like my flow was heavier, but it really just appeared to be that way.

Why have I decided to stick to the Diva?

  • Environmental-- nothing to toss, resuable, all that good stuff. 
  • Extremely comfortable-- I actually forget that I have it in!
  • No risk of TSS
  • Easy insert, taking out
  • Not nearly as messy as I had feared
  • No more wet string!
  • No leaking 
I'm sure there are more reasons, but those are the ones that came to mind immediately.

9 comments:

Rachel said...

Another Diva convert! I'm so glad you're loving it.

Jennifer and Anthony said...

Wow! So interesting - I have not heard of this before. I will have to check into it!

Kaytabug said...

Seriously? I am so grossed out by my own flow that I can NOT imagine having it filled up in a cup and then having to dump it out and go forbid clean it out to reuse it! GROSS!

But I give you a GINORMOUS HIGH 5!!!

KaritaG said...

Yeah, I don't know, I am really trying hard to convince myself that this is a good idea but I pretty much try to avoid looking at blood - period (haha, no pun intended). Mine or anyone else's. So I'm not sure how I would handle that...but I still say KUDOS to you, for sure!!!!

maggie's mind said...

Yep, I am a convert, too. I posted about it recently as well. There was a definite learning curve involving fear and pain and panic, but once over the hurdle, I am in love for a million reasons.

Rebecca said...

Love the list. Looks like mine, but I didn't have the "no more wet string" item on mine. You're right, the wet string is gross.

Extraordinary Ordinary Life said...

I'm just not sure I could handle it. I definitely think you are awesome for using it though. I am going to have to think on it. I definitely think it is a great alternative to pads and tampons.

Maria said...

Nature Moms has a great post on alternative products.
http://www.naturemoms.com/blog/2008/04/17/alternative-menstrual-products-ditch-the-disposables/

:)
MWJ

Maria said...

Let's try that link again. You'll have to repaste it back together though.

http://www.naturemoms.com/blog/2008/04/17/
alternative-menstrual-products-ditch-the-disposables/

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : header image by Vlad Studio