Thursday, September 4, 2008

I think I just threw up a little...

It's no secret that I am a politics junkie. I've, mostly, kept the election off of this blog, but come on. The election is nearing, so there will be posts about the election. I did watch part of the RNC last night, but I became so infuriated with the lack of content and abundance of political badmouthing that I had to turn it off. Apparently too soon too... Palin thinks it is God's will to build a pipeline in Alaska. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the royalties the state's people receive as a result. Never mind the environmental consequence.
They love that she told her church it was God’s will that a natural gas pipeline must be built in Alaska.
As much as I believe in God, the use of "God's will" in such a manner (and doing so repeatedly) reminds me of the slippery slope where people use the Bible and God (or insert the Book/God of any religon)  to justify their own personal agenda...including wars, jenocide, and jihad. And really? God wants a pipeline? WTF?

5 comments:

KaritaG said...

OMG, this would be hilarious if she wasn't serious! I just posted on Palin too. I will link this into my post.

care said...

sigh.

Fashion Bomb Intern said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
KaritaG said...

What IS hilarious, however, is how my title shows up down there as a link to this post...

Rebecca said...

Didn't British kings have a direct line to God? Maybe Pahlin does, too. Don't rush to judgment. She may call God and have God play voo doo on your body.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : header image by Vlad Studio