Monday, November 17, 2008

My interesting friends

My most intriguing friends are those who challenge me. They might not be my BFF. I might not share my private life with them, but they challenge me to think about my position, to go beyond my comfort zone, and to explore new ideas. That is not to say that all of my friends aren't important to me, but some challenge me to think more than others, and those are the ones I favor in discussion.
Some friends hold similar positions to me. Some do not. Really, it doesn't matter if we agree or disagree on a personal level, but what does matter (especially with those I do not necessarily agree with) is that we have fantastic non-accusatory, non-threatening discussions. We disagree, but remain civil and intellectual. We explore many different sides of a topic.
Where am I going with this? Well...
Recently, through basketball, a new friend came in to my life. Erin's blog, Married to a Baller, has challenged me to reexamine my position on a variety of topics-- many of which you will probably see appearing here. She challenges me to think and explore, to examine how I apply my opinions in my actions. We do not agree on everything, and that is ok with me. I look forward to when her posts pop up in my Reader.
So. If you notice that this blog is a little more random and discusses some new topics, it is because I am reading new and challenging information on Erin's blog and elsewhere. I'm engaging in discussions that go beyond breastfeeding (44 posts. Seriously? LOL!), and I have a lot on my mind. I am revisiting topics I hadn't given much thought to since I was in college. Everything is fair game. Re-evaluation is a character building experience!
It's a new day...

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : header image by Vlad Studio