Monday, December 29, 2008

Feeling a bit freakish

(Don't worry-- Prop 8 is continuing, but this came up and I needed it out of my head.)
My period has disappeared. Before you jump to conclusions, I am not (REPEAT NOT) pregnant. Kevin has been gone over a month, and two weeks ago I took a test because I was late thinking...well, maybe? Two weeks and four more tests later, and it still says negative people! And I am (REPEAT AM) faithful to my husband. I have been chalking it up to the combo of stress and still nursing, but at 17 months my flow returned-- not regular, but it was back. The two or three periods before this have been regular, but now it is MIA. 
So-- any one out there have a) pertinent medical information from your own information searches to share, b) personal experiences to share and/or c) any thoughts in general?
My current "plan" is to wait through the holidays and then try to schedule an appointment with my doctor.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

deep breath in.....deep breath out......blame stress...been there, done that......

in...out....in.....out...;) Have another cookie..

E

sasspot said...

periods are so freakishly strange. i bet it is stress, you have a ton on your plate.

Bethany said...

as long as you KNOW you are not pregnant, I wouldn't be too freaked out. SO many things can make it weird. The only part that stinks is not knowing when it will show up again.

Rebecca said...

I would say congratulations. Not because you are pregnant but because you aren't AND you still get to be period free.

In all seriousness, I know stress, being physically fit, and breastfeeding hormones (even if you have already been menstruating) can cause period lapses. I hope that's what it is and that there's nothing else going on!

Trannyhead said...

Ok, so I've got this same oddness going on right now! My son is 17 months and still nursing. My period came back and was normal like 3 or 4 times, and now it has suddenly disappeared again. I think it's the still nursing thing.

Maria said...

No sweating Tranny-- it came back TODAY! LOL! I've decided it is going to be a fun game for a while. When will it reappear? Hmm...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : header image by Vlad Studio