Monday, January 12, 2009

Addressing CA's Prop 8... Part V

Part I

Part II

Part III

Part IV

This will be the end of the Prop 8 series... for now anyway. There is a lot I didn't say and haven't covered, but I've decided that I need even more time to meditate on the topic and to empty my brain of all this other "stuff" I have been wanting to post while trying to stay loyal to this topic. I already have several saved and more started. It's a sign.

I have a lot of questions in my own head remaining. If God made us all perfect and a biological difference exists between homo- and hetero-sexual people, I struggle to rectify that homosexual people are sinners. And even IF they were, which is a big IF, I do not find it to be my job or the job of the Government to condemn or treat them differently. So, if we're all made perfect in God's eyes, why wouldn't the homosexual be perfect too? Evolution? I don't know the answer, and I doubt that anyone can convince me one way or the other right now.

I also struggle greatly with why homosexual persons are not afforded the same protections under the law and US Constitution as heterosexual couples. According to the Government Accountability Office (GAO), there are 1,138 legal provisions that use marriage in determining eligibility for benefits, rights or privileges.

So-- here we are at the end of the series. I don't pretend to know it all, but this is where I am coming from when I oppose Prop 8.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : header image by Vlad Studio