Sunday, January 18, 2009

Women-- Value Yourselves!

This has been on my mind for a while. I have noticed myself doing it too. 
Women undermine their value by using "just" when talking about themselves. Think about it.

"I am JUST a mom."

"I am JUST a housewife."

"I am JUST a student."

"I am JUST checking in on you." 
"I am JUST an economist."

It is time we all wake up.

We are not JUST anything.

I am a mother.

I am a wife.

I am a student.

I am checking on you because I care.

We must value ourselves if we want society to value the work we do-- paid or unpaid! Our own language is undermining our value to our families and society!

4 comments:

Jennifer and Anthony said...

You are so right!!!

Marketing Mama said...

Great post... I wonder how often I say just... I am aware that women tend to ask permission to order food at resteraints... "can I have?" So I always say "I'd like..."

Jax said...

I like this blog. :) I actually deleted the word "just" three times in an email today after reading it! I was like "Whoa.. that's so insane! I never even noticed!"

Kudos. *affirmative nodding* :)

Rachel said...

Weird! I was JUST thinking about how I overuse the word "just." And great point about asking for food at a restaurant. Great, great post!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : header image by Vlad Studio