Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sunday Slowdown

Normally I would have a personal reflection on Sunday, but this Sunday is special. My dad turned 50 on Saturday, and there was a surprise birthday party. I surprised him at the surprise party by being there! So-- at 1:01/2:01 AM, I leave you with nothing but this photo. I hope at lunch with my Grandma, Dad, The Boy and me (and others), we can get a picture of the four of us together.

I suppose this is my reflection-- sometimes blogging is replaced by more important things. God's love shining on me and reflecting on to my family is one of those "more important things." In the mean time... I share a verse that a good friend brought to my attention. It sticks with me...

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing.

Zephaniah 3:17 (NIV)

You didn't really think I could just post a picture, did you? ;)

6 comments:

Angel said...

What a wnderful post. I hope you enjoyed your dads party!

Carol said...

Wait -- your dad is TWO YEARS YOUNGER THAN ME?!?! Excuuuuuse me?? But wait -- you are my PEER! Now see, this happened at work, too, when I met my co-worker's mom, who was also my age! Can I be? Oh goodness, this is so hard to accept!

Oh, and happy birthday to your dad. (Sigh...)

Carol

Rebecca said...

Great t-shirt, Dad!

Maria said...

Thanks Rebecca! I bought it as a gift for him... when he thought I wasn't coming. :)

Melodie said...

For your posts like this one and the "Quotes" one below I have given you an award. You can pick it up at my site. It's refreshing to read such positive posts. Thanks for sharing.

Dawn said...

LOL! I love his t-shirt! Too funny!

What a nice surprise for him. Love the picture of the three of you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : header image by Vlad Studio