Thursday, April 23, 2009

Promises and delays

I PROMISE with all my heart that I am going to do the series I outlined below... after Tuesday. I have to make my presentation to my committee, and I am feeling the crunch! In the mean time, consider this new study... it appears that even when controlling for weight, women who breastfeed reduce their risk for diabetes, heart disease and stroke. My favorite quote:

The American Academy of Pediatrics now recommends that women breastfeed for the sake of their children's health. Schwarz says it may be time to recommend breastfeeding for women's own health.

I agree completely! Many women are completely unaware of the benefits to the MOTHER, not just the child, when it comes to breastfeeding! It is time for a recommendation that recognizes the benefits to mama too!

1 comments:

Rebecca said...

Does anyone have anything BAD to say about breastfeeding?

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : header image by Vlad Studio