Monday, June 15, 2009

Stand Up to Cancer for Jenn!

In July 2008, I posted a link to a blog of a lady who, through social media, I have been able to get to know her better and grown to admire for her tenacity and strength.

You see, Jenn is no ordinary woman. She has an amazing story to tell. She overcame odds to birth Nugget only to have her (and her family's) world turned upside down. Her attachment parenting home was disrupted by cancer. Hodgkin's Lymphoma.

Jenn fought and in December had a clean PET scan, which allowed her to stop chemo. During that time I baked her bookies. I prayed for her. I marveled at her positive attitude. My heart broke when she could not sleep next to her daughter, and when she posted her first post-treatment picture of her nursing nugget, I cried. (She pumped through chemo!)

Well, obviously from the title, you can tell that the cancer is back. More treatment. More disruption. Another round of it all. But we all can help! Jenn has a Stand Up to Cancer team, and I encourage you to join her team! Fight with her. For her! We all can get involved. And if that's not your thing, say a prayer, leave her a message on a post, and hug your children a few extra times.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : header image by Vlad Studio