Friday, August 14, 2009

Friday Feature: Diva Cup

This Friday's Feature results from a lovely coinciding of events-- my flow and a visit to the Alexandria Whole Foods, where you can purchase the Diva Cup while grocery shopping.
It is no secret that one of my favorite products is my Diva Cup. When I think I have lost it, I am sad, and I am happy when I find it is not gone forever. I have been using it for a year now, and I must admit, I have absolutely no desire to go back to any other menstrual product.
Women, on average, experience a lifetime menstruation span of 41 years (11-52). From use of disposable feminine hygiene, an estimated 12 billion sanitary pads and 7 billion tampons are dumped into the North American environment each year (1998). More than 170,000 tampon applicators were collected along U.S. coastal areas between 1998 and 1999. Our revolutionary, reusable product is a modern, viable alternative to disposable tampons and pads.
Even if the numbers are over-estimates, the impact of every woman using a disposable product is huge!
Ever since I have gone public about my switch, friends have been trying and liking the Diva Cup. Maybe you will too?

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

So, you are replacing your old one? Hmmm. Maybe I need to do the same.

Maria said...

I think I should have written more clearly. I am still using the first diva cup I purchased. The second cup from when I thought I had lost mine, I used as a prize for a contest and gave away (new in box). I did, however, see some each and every time in the past three weeks or so that I went to the Alexandria, VA whole foods, which really brought it to the front of my mind. I still dig my Diva... a year later... same one... :)

Rachel said...

And aren't I glad you accidentally bought a second one? :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : header image by Vlad Studio