Friday, August 21, 2009

Friday Feature: Preserve Toothbrush

I must admit. There are some things in life where I do not need all of the bells and whistlers. Hard to believe? It's true! My toothbrush is one of these things. Some like to have bristles at all angles, battery operated, and who knows what else.

Me?

I like a toothbrush, plain and simple. I am perfectly capable of moving it around my mouth all by myself. I do not need batteries or an electric charge. I do not need bristles at strange angles.

Needless to say, finding the Preserve Toothbrush was refreshing. Not only is the toothbrush itself simple, but it is made of yogurt cups (and other recycled #5 plastic)! The toothbrush comes in a recyclable case that can be used for travel, and when you are done, you can ship Preserve back the toothbrush to be recycled in to plastic lumber for park benches, decks, etc. Preserve also pays for the return postage. I save up and send multiples back at the same time to reduce the environmental impact of shipping.

 
One thing I am incredibly horrible at is remembering to buy new toothbrushes, but Preserve, undoubtedly in the interest of business, offers a subscription service where they will ship you a toothbrush at the interval you select.  I use this for The Boy and me. Oh yeah!  Preserve also offers a Preserve Jr. for kids! The Boy loves brushing his teeth too!
Preserve will accept additional #5 plastics. You can check out how to recycle your plastic with Preserve here.

4 comments:

Susie said...

I LOVE this!!

Melodie said...

My husband actually has this toothbrush and loves it. By the way, I've nominated you as being One Lovely Blog. You can pick it up here. http://www.breastfeedingmomsunite.com/2009/08/one-lovely-blog-award/
And come and see the nice things I had to say about you.
Thanks for being one of my fave bloggers.

traveler one said...

That's really quite a fab idea!

Shonet L. Newton said...

I have been using this toothbrush for a few years now and love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : header image by Vlad Studio