Thursday, August 20, 2009

Time Flies

Once I had The Boy, I was often told how time flies. I have to admit, however, that it was not his presence that started making time fly. Even before he was concieved, during the time we were in Europe, the days flew by. When I was younger, this was not always the case, though there were times when time appeared to move more quickly than other times.
I was seriously thinking about this during my morning walk to the Metro station. Why does time appear to fly by me?
My answer?
When I really take the time to enjoy life-- my job, travel, Kevin, The Boy, etc-- time passes quickly. When I allow negativity to creep in to my life, the days drag S-L-O-W-L-Y by.
Today I have been fighting that fight. Fighting the negative within me and exerted on me by outside forces. I am trying feverishly to fight off the negative-- to stay positive and enjoy my life. To remain content.  Today has been hard, but I will win this battle, and time will fly again!

3 comments:

Jennifer and Anthony said...

It seems like we are on the same page lately. I totally related to your fitness post, and how I NEED to exercise. And today I am on the same page with fighting negativity. Take care!

katandkarl said...

thank you for this post. i have been struggling with some serious negativity today as well and needed the reminder to breathe, enjoy!

Kelly's Ideas said...

Great post and so true..

Love,
Kelly
http://www.ivebecomemymother.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : header image by Vlad Studio