Monday, August 31, 2009

Workouts and an Award

First-- I must admit, workouts are kind of on hold. I am walking a lot, but I am also doing a total body cleanse, and because I am not particularly hungry during the cleanse, I fear that working out too hard could become a problem. As a result, I have been playing it day by day, and while I did workout some last week, I mostly went for long walks.

Second-- I have a blog award to claim. I have been procrastinating a bit, because... well ... it is hard for me to pick who to nominate! It's time to get on it though...

As most (all?) of you know, I am a big supporter of breastfeeding. Because of this, I read and comment on quite a few like-minded breastfeeding blogs. One such blog, Breastfeeding Moms Unite, is a favorite of mine. Melodie's blog creates a welcoming community for moms to discuss openly and freely about a myriad of topics relating to breastfeeding, attachment parenting, and even granola. Thank you, Melodie, for nominating me for the One Lovely Blog Award!

The premise of this award is to recognize some of the blogs you have recently discovered and/or admire, letting them know how much you enjoy reading them, and passing them on to others as well!

Here are the rules that MUST be followed:
  1. Add the logo to your blog.
  2. Link to the person from whom you received this award
  3. Nominate 7 or more blogs
  4. Leave a message on their blog, letting them know they are “One Lovely Blog!”
Without further delay,  I nominate--
  1. Married to a Baller-- Erin is on a break from blogging while she gets settled in Italy, but I lover her open and honest writing. It's not easy to put yourself out there, but she does it gracefully!
  2. JoeCrispin.com-- Is it fair to nominate Erin's husband? I think so. Joe blogs on a variety of topics from athletics to movies to books to Christianity to Parenting and beyond. He'll make you think!
  3. Joyfully Gray-- Sara's blog is one long love letter. Beautifully written and lovely all around.
  4. The Hippie Housewife-- A woman after my own heart. Christian, wife, mother, AP... I dig her.
  5. Miss_Order-- A real life friend, Eva handles my neurosis, helps me out when I'm in a pinch, and is an all around great woman. To top it off, her blog is FUNNY (like slap a knee, roll on the floor funny) and sometimes serious too.
  6. Northwest LadyBug-- Carol is a bright and witty woman who keeps rolling with the punches. Plus, I hope my son and I have the relationship she does with her children. :)
  7. Bits of Myself-- Jenn continues to battle cancer. Again. She could use some positive energy. Wouldn't you like to share yours with her?
  8. Dulce de leche -- Always challenging and thought provoking, though we tend to walk the same line. I love when her blog pops up in my reader! 
There you have it. Eight blogs to check out. Hopefully they will play also, but if not, that's ok too. 

1 comments:

sarah said...

Oh wow, Maria! I am so freaking flattered! Thank you so much for the blog love. It is so kind of you to think of me. And I am so glad you enjoy my writing - it is so nice, especially coming from an awesome writer like yourself.


SG

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : header image by Vlad Studio