Monday, November 9, 2009

Oh my hair!

About a month ago, I said goodbye to shampoo. I wanted to get rid of additional chemicals, which has been and continues to be a long process for me. So far, I have used baking soda and apple cider vinegar (ACV) diluted with water. One of the nice things, because I have already made the baking soda paste for my hair, is that I can also use it on my body; therefore, I eliminated two products in one swoosh!

The hardest part in this process for me has been figuring out the ACV to water ratio. Because ACV coats your hair like a conditioner, when poured undiluted on to my hair, my hair became a greasy mess! I have been working on finding the right mix, and I think I have it down now. For me, it's approximately 1-1.5 tablespoons of ACV to 1 cup or so of water.

My hair has adjusted nicely. I am able to go longer between washes, and I think days two and three it looks the best. I am not 100% sure if I will keep it up forever or switch to a shampoo bar, but I am very glad that I gave this an honest opportunity. For now, I am 'poo less and will continue down this road.

Have you tried to ditch the poo? If so, what has been your experience?

2 comments:

m-m-m-melissa said...

it's funny that you blogged about this today. i was JUST thinking about it last night. good to hear that you're starting to get it all sorted out. :)

katandkarl said...

i've been really really wanting to try this. think i will!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : header image by Vlad Studio