2009 brought a lot of changes in what and how much I was reading. I know a large part of this was due to completing my Master's Degree, but I did not read as much as I would have liked either. Most of my reading has been done in the last third of 2009, and truth be told, I was very happy to have a break from some of the academic reading I was doing, which I never include on the list. Hmm... maybe I should rethink that one?
I rediscovered fiction, which I had not been reading for a long while because I have a hard time letting go of reality. I had been so focused on reading parenting books and doing research that it occupied all of my time. I found some good fiction with the help of friends though and am back reading in that genre.
My reading has also been diversified thanks to joining two different book clubs-- one virtual and one with a monthly meeting. I really enjoy the groups-- both are unique.
If I had to pick one book from the list that was life changing or an "I'm so glad I read this and am going to revisit it regularly," I would pick "Respectable Sins: Confronting the Sins We Tolerate." I don't agree with absolutely everything in the book, but overall it is a great book that led to a lot of self-reflection and significant changes in my life already. I hope to revisit various chapters on a regular basis. My favorite fiction book on the list was "Kite Runner."
- My Sister's Keeper (completed)
- Respectable Sins (completed)
- Treasuring God in Our Traditions (completed)
- Fireflies in December (completed)
- The Handmaid's Tale (completed)
- The Reason for Sports (completed)
- The Memory Keepers Daughter (completed)
- The Faith Club (completed)
- Fearless (completed)
- Kite Runner (completed)
- A Praying Life (completed)
- Taking Charge of Your Fertility (completed)
- American Wife (completed)
- Natural Cures (completed)
- The Unlikely Disciple (completed)
- The Discipline Book (completed)
- The Worn Out Woman (Completed)